Please fill out the form below for primary review, and scroll to the bottom of the page for complete information.
PARTNERSHIP INTEREST FORM
ABOUT COMMUNITY IMPACT GRANTS:
- Lift a Life grants are partnerships with non-profits in Kentucky
- Preference will be shown for a 1 year grant commitment
- Preference will be shown for innovative programs that propose a real impact on a population in need in Kentucky
- Preference will be shown for collaborative efforts among organizations
Grants typically range from $5,000 and $50,000.
GEOGRAPHIC AREA SERVED
Grants will be given to qualified public charities, located in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Grants will be made to qualified public charities to directly impact the needs of individuals and families in the community. Preference will be given to organizations who can make a tangible impact in the following areas:
- Early childhood education
- Leadership development
- Juvenile diabetes
- Military family support
Funding will be awarded primarily for programs that directly impact the intended population in bringing fulfillment to the Lift a Life Foundation’s mission. We strongly encourage collaboration between groups when proposing a grant application and reward innovation and new ideas through grants.
Grant applications are accepted now for the 2017 rolling grant cycle. There is no deadline. Please apply as a need for a specific program arises that preferably fits within our five focus areas, which are also listed above.
A Partnership Interest Form is the first step required. Lift a Life will review these short-form outlines, and request a full proposal from those chosen. You must receive a request from Lift a Life to submit a full proposal – no proposals submitted without a request will be eligible for grants.
If your Partnership Interest Form is accepted for further exploration, Lift a Life will contact you and send the requirements for a full submission.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Please fill out an interest form for primary review. You will receive feedback on your proposal and notification if you gain permission to fill out a formal application for presentation to the board.
Please call or e-mail with any questions (include phone number and email). Site visits will be initiated by the Lift a Life Foundation Board of Directors and applicants will be contacted directly with any questions we might have about the stated project.
- Grants will be made only to tax-exempt public charities as defined in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and are “not a private foundation” under Section 509(a) of the IRC.
- Grants are not awarded for endowment funds, political activities, travel, surveys or fund raising activities. (Unless exception is made by the board of directors)
Grant proposals are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The Lift a Life Foundation mission and grant categories are addressed in the proposal
- Identifies the stated need(s) and outcome(s) of the program as it relates to the beneficiary population
- The project or program has broad and/or strong community impact
- The proposal reflects a willingness to work with other nonprofits to reach goals
- The grant funds will be utilized efficiently and effectively, providing evidence of tangible results
- Innovation and original thinking are encouraged
Please call or e-mail us with any questions:
Community Impact Grant Manager